Monday, April 30, 2012

my healthy food week: day 1.

Yesterday I decided to do something new this week... After a previous week of takeout (Subway, Burger King, McDonald's, homemade cupcakes with lots of icing, lollies, lots of coke and chocolate) I decided to try a 'healthy food detox', with the conditions made up by myself entirely. I want to attempt a week without defaulting to my usual comfort foods or snacks for the purposes of attempting to boost my energy levels, cleanse my body of junk food/fast food/takeaways, and just experiment to see if a week of healthy food and snacking will have any visible benefit on the way I feel overall by the end of the week. Please note that in no way, shape or form was I inspired to do this detox because of anything to do with my weight or body shape etc. I have no intentions of trying to lose weight, I am only attempting this to try and feel healthier on the inside. (: 

What I Decided to Give Up This Week
  • Chocolate
  • Juice
  • Fizzy Drink
  • Lollies
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Milo
  • Coffee
  • Takeaways!
  • Biscuits
  • Chips
  • Cocopops
  • Ice cream
  • Cake
  • Muffins


What I've Allowed Myself to Have This Week
  • Salads
  • Sandwiches
  • Pastas
  • Chicken
  • Fish
  • Beef
  • Eggs
  • Veges
  • Fruit
  • Tea
  • Water
  • Weetbix
  • Toast with Butter
  • Popcorn
  • Yoghurt
  • Nuts

Yes, I am aware that this is unlike the usual "detoxes" you might find online, but I have created this one to suit myself and my own eating patterns/needs. The hardest thing to give up this week will be CHOCOLATE as I am an absolute chocoholic, and find myself craving the stuff at least once a day... 

So I started this plan today. This is how it's going so far.

DAY 1:
Had 3 Weetbix for breakfast. Took a Caesar Salad with chicken pieces, water, almonds, banana, apple and 2 toasts with butter to course to eat for morning tea and lunch. Also took some orange juice and let myself have it since I purchased it on Saturday and didn't want it to go to waste! For afternoon tea back at home, I made myself scrambled eggs on toast and then a strawberry yoghurt.

Have not had dinner thus far but any normal dinners will be fine. And probably for snackage while watching TV later tonight, I shall have some popcorn, almonds, tinned peaches and some tea. Bought a new one from the store last night (which I haven't yet tried so hope I like it!) Healtheries Pure Rooibos Tea. 

So Day 1 has gone quite well and I am pleased with my efforts, however I am feeling slightly irritable that I can't snack on my yummy bag of M&Ms tonight especially when the chocolate cravings are beginning! :/  Gave the gym a miss today, however I plan on going tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what my energy levels will be like with this decrease of sugars in my diet. Stay tuned to find out how the rest of my week progresses ;) 

1 comment:

  1. gooooood for you! I neeeeeeed to do this too..!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment so THANK YOU for leaving one! You are all so sweet and encouraging! :D x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...