Friday, July 6, 2012

friday fancies: stars and stripes.



Once again, I am linking up with {longdistanceloving} for this week's 'My Friday's Fancies'! The theme is 'Stars and Stripes', so rather than go for the usual American patriotic colours - red, white and blue - I chose to go for gold, white and black for a more chic, elegant feel. (And also, I'm not from America... hehe.)



The satin gold blouse (to be tucked into the skirt) is the main feature of this outfit and has thick, layered strips of material proceeding outward from the collar. The pencil skirt is white and black stripes with a lovely layered material feature around the top which brings the eye from the top of the skirt,  down. The black wedge heels have some gold trimming which relates to the blouse as well as the gold stars on the white clutch purse. The stud earrings are also black and white stripes to match the skirt, and the black and silver star ring adds to the inclusion of the star shape to the outfit. (That ring is so cute, wish it was mine!) To complete the look, I've added a very classy 3/4 sleeve black blazer jacket to be worn over the top. I actually really love this outfit! If I owned it, I would wear out to fancy dinners, the theatre, night clubs and just about any formal event! I think the gold and black combination is timeless. (:

11 comments:

  1. that is a gorgeous, gorgeous skirt! i love it!

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun outfit! I love your take on the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and love the different take on the outfit them. That skirt is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! Seems very a appropriate for a Kiwi's version of Stars and Stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that gold blouse is amazing!!! so cute :)
    happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute clutch! have a great weekend! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams ps stop by! im hosting two giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you didn't go red, white and blue. That top is gorgeous! And that clutch adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg that is a really freaking adorable outfit!!! Love that skirt & the shiny top!!! Cute clutch too! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are soo great! I love that gold top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou all for the very sweet comments, you are all such darlings! :D xoxo

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment so THANK YOU for leaving one! You are all so sweet and encouraging! :D x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...